Two Omnicide™ Food Grade products are available spanning the food industry’s needs from production to packed and finished products. They are used to disinfect transport vehicles, slaughter houses, cold storage, food processing and preparation areas, food packing areas and distribution vehicles. Omnicide™ FG’s are suitable for the animal, vegetable and fruit industry sectors. Omnicide FG™ and Omnicide FGII™ destroy pathogens responsible for food poisoning and food spoiling, such as E. coli, Salmonella enteriditis, Salmonella typhimurium, Listeria monocytogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Aspergillus fungi. Omnicide FG & FGII can also be used to clean and disinfect greenhouses, utensils and growing trays used in the horticultural industry.
Omnicide™ Food Grades do not cause taint, they have been extensively tested by Campden BRI Food & Drink Research Association in the UK.
This disinfectant product has been approved for disinfection of inanimate surfaces where an approved product is required to be used under the control legislation for the following specific disease(s) orders;
- Swine Vesicular disease at the dilution rate of one part of this preparation plus 100 parts of water;
- Poultry diseases including avian influenza, influenza of avian origin in mammals, Newcastle disease, paramyxovirus at a dilution rate of one part of this preparation plus 125 parts of water;
This disinfectant product has also been approved at a dilution of 1 part of this preparation plus 50 parts water for disinfection of inanimate surfaces where General Orders require the use of an approved disinfectant, but this approval does not apply to disinfection required under the specific control legislation relating to Foot and Mouth disease, or Tuberculosis disease.
This approval is granted under the Disease of Animals (Approved Disinfectants) Orders made by the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs in England, Scottish ministers in Scotland and Welsh ministers in Wales. For confirmation of continuing approval refer to the Defra list of approved disinfectants at http://disinfectants.defra.gov.uk
The contents of this container are guaranteed by the manufacturer to be of the same composition and quality as the sample submitted for approval testing.
- Non-corrosive to surfaces at dilution
- Safe to use on metal and plastic surfaces
- Will not spoil or blunt knives and cutting equipment
- Ideal pre-cleaning detergent designed to enhance the performance of Omnicide™ disinfectants
- Available in: 5 litre, 25 litre, 200 litres
- Defra approved
Note: Pre-cleaning detergents must always be based on cationic surfactants. Do not use anionic detergents such as household washing up liquids containing sodium compounds as these will inactivate disinfectants.